Richmond County – Staten Island
Richmond County And Staten Island Divorce Lawyers
Compassionate Family Law Attorneys
Working through a divorce can be among the most emotionally difficult situations a family can face. It can be hard to know what to do or where to turn for help, especially when children are involved. At Cedeño Law Group, PLLC, we can work tirelessly to help your family understand your legal options so that you may make the most informed decisions. Whether you and your spouse have a dispute regarding a visitation agreement or have chosen to pursue a divorce, do not hesitate to call our firm. Our Richmond County divorce attorneys have more than two decades of experience helping families reach their goals and can provide compassionate legal advocacy at a time when you need it most.
Our firm can assist you with family law disputes including:
- Contested and uncontested divorce
- Child custody and child support
- Spousal maintenance
- Asset distribution
- Prenuptial and postnuptial agreements
Schedule a confidential consultation with our firm and learn about your legal options.
I absolutely recommend Peter Cedeño.
Filing For Divorce In New York
New York became a no-fault divorce state in 2010. Eligibility for divorce now depends only on one spouse testifying that the marriage has broken down. However, divorcing spouses still have the option to file for a fault-based divorce. Here, a spouse must prove in court that the other spouse committed an act of misconduct such as abandonment, adultery or cruel treatment. New York also requires one spouse to live in New York for at least a year.
Methods of divorce can include:
- Uncontested divorce: When both spouses can work together to come to agreements outside of court, an uncontested divorce can save couples time, money and headache. This does not mean that couples must go through this process on their own and it is highly recommended that one or both spouses secure legal representation. Legal pathways such as mediation can be critical in the success of an uncontested divorce.
- Contested divorce: Couples who experience irreconcilable differences can often be left with feelings of distrust and anger, making collaborative dispute resolution impossible. When a divorce must proceed, but agreements cannot be reached, litigation may be the best option.
When choosing an option for divorce, spouses must take care to consider their goals and needs, including their financial situation as well as what is in the best interests of children. A Staten Island divorce attorney from our firm can help you decide which options are best for your family.
Client-Focused Richmond County Divorce Lawyers
At Cedeño Law Group, PLLC, we understand that any family law issue can put you under tremendous stress. Our firm takes pride in being able to offer personalized client advocacy; when you work with us, you will never be a case number. We believe that assisting your family means taking the time to understand your unique goals and crafting a legal strategy tailored to your situation. Our lead Staten Island divorce attorney has earned numerous legal recognitions for client service, including a perfect 10 “Superb” Avvo rating.
When you are ready, call 646-475-3656 and speak to an attorney about how to protect the best interests of your family.